A modern era business plan is no longer a 30-page written-out document with 15 pages of appendices mainly showing how your great startup will have hockey-stick curve sales in the millions a few years out.
Now it’s a colorful largely pictorial document with a message map, YouTube recorded elevator pitch in it plus a 21st century business model that shows how your highly differentiated, innovative startup fits into an exciting all-boats-are-rising ecosystem.
I’ve coached several hundred businesses from tech to real estate as well as many
charities and not-for-profits. If you are starting a new biz, here are some of
the steps you probably should take:
1. create a message map,
2. record your elevator pitch
on YouTube (listed, unlisted or private) https://profbruce.tumblr.com/post/65789207987/how-to-make-a-great-elevator-pitch-for-any,
3. build a modern business model that differentiates you from your competition/be creative and innovative/ make your own rules https://www.eqjournal.org/?p=4162,
4. look at what resources you’ll need—HR (hire up!) and finance being chief amongst
5. figure out a MMB, a magic marketing button or an “easy” button—how you are going to cost effectively find clients and customer,
6. work on
sales/pre-sales—SELL SELL SELL,
7. set aggressive goals,
8. control costs,
self-capitalize/bootstrap as much as you can https://www.eqjournal.org/?p=4119,
under promise/over deliver,
12. have faith in yourself/BE
Those are the main steps. I wrote more on this at, https://www.eqjournal.org/?p=3095.
If you need help with advice, my coaching page is at https://www.brucemfirestone.com/coaching/ or contact me brucefirestone @ rogers.com
@ profbuce @ qauntum_entity
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.