I spoke with my friend Victor Menasce about the Ottawa Senators, the NHL, real estate investment and more on his podcast…
I explained how we purchased (in the early 1990s) 600-acres in the far west-end of Ottawa (Kanata) for $12,000 an acre ($7.2 million, if you are counting), plunked an NHL expansion franchise (aka, the Ottawa Senators) and NHL-caliber arena (the Palladium, now Canadian Tire Centre) in the middle of our land assembly using up 100-acres, thereby driving up the value of the balance of the lands (with the last trade, around 20-years later, being about $832,000 an acre). The idea was to sell off the “extra” 500-acres to pay for the expansion franchise.
It worked, sort of…
Listen to the podcast, https://castbox.fm/vd/233231145
FOR REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT AND BUSINESS COACHING THAT’LL HELP YOU PROVIDE FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY FOR 3-GENERATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Bruce M Firestone, B Eng (civil), M Eng-Sci, PhD
Real Estate Investment and Business coach
ROYAL LePAGE Performance Realty broker
Ottawa Senators founder
• MAKING IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE
• FREEDOM VIA REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT AND PB4L, PERSONAL BUSINESS FOR LIFE
• FEHAJ, FOR EVERY HOME A JOB
• MAKE YOUR HOME WORK FOR YOU, INSTEAD OF YOU WORKING FOR IT
• HIGHER ROI NOT JUST FOR OWNERS AND INVESTORS, BUT FOR TENANTS, GUESTS, VISITORS, NEIGHBORHOODS, COMMUNITIES, TOWNS, VILLAGES, CITIES AND THE ENVIRONMENT TOO
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.